YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Effective date:Effective date: May 25, 2018
MendipGardeningSchool (“MGS,” “us”, “we” or “our”) values your privacy, and we are committed to protecting your personal information.
1. Individuals (and agents of individuals) may provide us information directly or indirectly by registering for an course or by otherwise using our Services (these individuals are referred to as “Consumers”). For example, you may enter your information in order to register for an Course, or someone who has organized a team may enter your information on your behalf to register your entire team.
We collect first and last name, email address, phone number, personal description or preferences for the course if it related to a booking and purchase history.
We use this information to contact you to finalize your order.
Our legal basis for using this information includes (1) performance of a contract so you can create and manage your booking or enquiry, and (2) to comply with a legal obligation (to keep information we are required to keep).
We will never pass on your information to any third party.
A cookie is a small text file containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to / stored on your computer (or other internet enabled devices, such as a smartphone or tablet) when you visit a website.
Cookies may collect personal information about you. Cookies help us remember information about your visit to our Site, like your country, language and other settings. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which webpages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our Site(s). They can also help us to operate our Sites more efficiently and make your next visit easier.
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented and maintain appropriate technical and organisational security measures, policies and procedures designed to reduce the risk of accidental destruction, or loss, or unauthorised disclosure or access to such information appropriate to the nature of the information concerned, including:
- (where appropriate) password protection, encryption, and use of secure communication transmission software (known as "secure socket layering" or "SSL") to protect our Sites;
- placing confidentiality requirements on our employees and service providers;
- destroying or permanently anonymising personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; and
- following strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal information to prevent unauthorised access to it. Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed to be secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us and any such transmission is at your own risk.
As the security of personal information depends in part on the security of the computer you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect usernames and passwords, you should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your computer, and web-enabled devices.
Storing your personal information
We will store your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, as explained in this Policy. Where your information is no longer needed, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner. In some circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, accounting requirements.
In specific circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal information or dealings.
EXPLAINING MORE ABOUT DIRECT MARKETING
How we use personal information you keep you up to date with our Courses
We may use personal information to let you know about our further courses and events that we believe will be of interest to you. We may contact you by email. In all cases, we will respect your preferences for how you would like us to manage marketing activities with you.
We will never work wit third parties, such as promotional and marketing companies.
How you can manage your marketing preferences
To protect privacy rights and to ensure you have control over how we manage marketing with you:
- You can ask us to stop contacting you any time – you can ask us to stop sending email marketing by following the unsubscribe link you will find on all the email marketing messages we send you. Alternative you can contact us directly through the website.
- You can change the way your browser manages cookies, which may be used to deliver online advertising, by following the settings on your browser.
We recommend you routinely review the privacy notices and preference settings that are available to you on any social media platforms as well as your preferences in your account with us.